Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Hope in Alabama?

Listening to NPR in a cab at about 2:15 AM last night, I heard an interview with a relatively new Dem Congressman from Alabama, Artur Davis.

In short, he rocked. Defended his vote against the flag-burning amendment in a way that made the opposition seem like wusses.

When he got the question about his rumored statwide ambitions, and whether Alambama would ever elect a Black guy, he turned it into a "Why are northerners always underestimating us here in Alabama?" non-racial state pride sort of thing.

The interview is worth a listen. He expressed the Democratic message far better than I've heard the leadership do recently.

My comment to the cabbie, who looked at me like I was drunk, "Wow, this guy's really on-message. Are you listening to this?" Cabbie: "Where are you going again?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home