Monday, August 15, 2005

How can we not crash one of these?

Uncle Sam Wants You In The Worst Way
The Army is boosting its marketing and trying new tacks to close a recruiting gap

TOWN HALL MEETINGS

The army acknowledges its traditional approach -- paeans to patriotism and machismo, and selling military service as a career booster -- is no longer enough.

[...]

In one key initiative, the Army is gearing up this fall for a series of 15 televised town hall meetings in which carefully selected soldiers will tell positive stories about military accomplishments in Iraq and Afghanistan and answer questions. Nickerson says that the town hall audiences won't be prescreened -- a risky strategy since anyone could sound off about the war.


On the drive there, we'll drink Lone Star and blast Masters of War and No Time Flat to get fired up for the event.

No Time Flat is a new protest song, by Kevin Devine:

It seems to me we get the same shit from them both.
Reform don't work; I think it's time we tried revolt,
but I don't got the guts to jump up and go first,
so I just shout until my throat hurts,
and I curse and I curse
at what we fucked up in Iraq.
You say support the troops; I do.
I want them all brought back,
and every building that you bombed raised from the ground.
And pull your contractors the fuck out.
If you really go and reinstate the draft,
you'll straight away just split the country straight in half,
so try arresting everyone who sends their draft cards back.
I'll be returning mine in no time flat.


We'll start the collection now for the legal defense fund.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm scared of desperate men with guns.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Stevens johnson syndrome imitrex

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Rmini rbuy ionamin Supermarket digital printing rhinoplasty surgeons in michigan&aposs Saab manual workshop Check engine light on isuzu rodeo cheapest ativan france Commercial girl valtrex How to turbo 3.1 buick Kgw4600kgw4600childrens area rugs pontiac montana dim headlights

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home