Friday, July 15, 2005

Alcoholic Advocacy

From www.knowyourdrink.com:
Alcohol beverages are the only consumable product that are by law not permitted to include Serving Fact information such as alcohol content, calories, carbs, fat and protein on all of their labels. Why? Because the government agency that regulates the beverage alcohol industry, the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) won't let Diageo, the world's leading spirits, beer and wine company, voluntarily provide you with that information.
I don't know squat about this issue - either why the gov't won't let liquor companies include this info or why liquor companies actually want to include it - but the good people at Johnnie Walker sent me an email about it and I'm inclined to support 'em.

Anybody out there know more?

4 Comments:

Blogger bda said...

I'd do anything Johnnie Walker told me to. In fact, that's gotten me in a lot of trouble before. Last night he told me to get into a screaming argument with a coworker at work happy hour about drug legalization. Johnnie, that was a bad idea.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» » »

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Cheyenne anti virus How to buy house insurance tips Oklahoma dial up numbers for internet Crazy t-shirt gmc lift kit Drug interaction with topamax

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home